Fresh Five: This Week's Top Jazz Tracks
Every week, our fantastic music directors pick the top five tracks from our most recent releases in various genres to make selecting the perfect track for your project much more effortless.
This week, we are featuring Sarah Scarlata's Fresh Five jazz picks.
1. Smokey Noire Full Length (Full Mix) - Red-hot jazz noire number, with hubba-hubba thumping drums and mute trumpet googly-eyes building to sly-swinging horn ensemble lines and femme-fatale saxophone solo.
2. Hot Club de Biarritz - Whimsical swing melody with old-world romanticism. Care-free improvisational guitar @:0.48 signals for jazzy sax to take the wheel.
3. French Polka - French polka, rural and full of joy. The track evokes a sunny day at a market on the Riviera.
4. Mood Nine - Remastered - A vintage-sounding horn-forward jazz track with an upbeat big band swing feeling.
5. In Your Arms - Remastered - A slow and melancholy jazz track with a sentimental and vintage feeling.
Sarah Scarlata, Music Director
With her original compositions placed in The Affair, Chicago Fire, Tower Heist, Shameless, and productions winning two PMA Mark Awards, Sarah’s musical expertise covers a lot of ground. Her earliest childhood memories consisted of hearing Beatles records playing in her house as a toddler. She saved up for an old blue Sears drum kit and in five short years was performing in local clubs while still in high school. After attending Berklee College of Music as a Drum Set Performance major, she set off on a decade long stint as a touring drummer in various bands. Some of her performance highlights were opening for artists like Eric Burdon and the New Animals, Fishbone, Chris Whitley, and The Young Dubliners.
Sarah's passion for storytelling coupled with the power music has to evoke emotion led her to pursue a career in music licensing and publishing. Her experience from both sides of the studio glass as a performer, composer, producer, and educator makes for a unique approach to pitching music to clients.