FRESH FIVE: THIS WEEK'S TOP ARCHIVAL TRACKS
This week, we are featuring our Fresh Five Archival picks from our music director Mark Gracious.
1. Il Dubbio (Guitar, Voice, and Keyboards) is track is a nostalgic, melancholic ballad with a nylon string acoustic guitar, organ, and female vocals.
2. Sierra Serenade is a track with sweet Spanish guitar rhythms and a melancholy reminiscence of bygone times. Perfect for romantic and reflective scenes.
3. Robot Couture 1 is an 80s synthpop-style track recorded in 1988 and remastered in 2023. Perfect for lifestyle, fashion, and glamour projects.
4. Con Brio 1 is a vivid classical concerto with a light rhythm. This track is an authentic digital vintage stereo recording from 1988 and remastered in 2023. Ideal for lively scenes.
5. Orbital Pastime is a Moog and wah-wah guitar-infused track suggesting amusing and tender space music. Great for modern fables and comedy.
As a young musician originally hailing from Chicago, Mark's zeal for music has taken him from the Windy City to Athens, GA; Los Angeles to Wilmington, NC; and back again to L.A., as pursuits in both the creative and industry sides of music dictated his future. Just as comfortable marketing frontline artists at both indie and major labels as he is in the lo-fi home recording environment, he has a bonafide "jack-of-all-trades" background. With musical inspiration provided by Devo, Rush, The Ventures, Pavement, and James Brown, he brings the ability to tame unruly minutia, morphing it into meaningful and life-changing detail! When not supporting workflow and analytics for the APM Music Department and providing APM clients with high-priority music assets, you can find him scarfing burritos and keeping the streets of L.A. safe while rolling with the Chromies of the 4130 Subway Series, The World's Largest Monthly Group BMX Ride.